Friday, February 17, 2012

Spring Hillside



6 inch by 9 inch oil on canvas sheet

This is a small detail that I copied from Kevin MacPerson's painting Laguna Hillside.  I haven't tried painting wildflowers before, and I wanted to try to get patches of color rather than individual flowers.  I found that I was getting mud when I was painting wet into wet last night, so I let it sit to dry overnight.  Today I re-established the bright yellows.  I had fun with this one.  The mood in this painting is much brighter than the previous one.

Have a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful landscape, Virginia!! You're getting better with every painting you do.! I love the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be my favorite yet of these from you. Love the softness of the background patches of color. More detail and brighter color closer up reads just right as wildflowers! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, Virginia. I see you employed "where's the red" again, and it worked great. A very very nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sky peeking through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the red, and it's beautiful with all those greens and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Virginia! Lovely painting.. you must be looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one, Virginia. I'm looking forward to your next landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice composition and great color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! excellent job Virginia.

    ReplyDelete